Wednesday, February 13, 2008

OK, let’s get ‘er done

The mediport procedure went well this morning although it wasn’t nearly as fun as having a knee scoped. LOL. Actually it wasn’t fun at all. I’m glad it’s over but at the same time I’m very glad to have the port as I know it will make chemotherapy much more tolerable.

Once the procedure was done and I was back in the recovery area they gave me something to eat. This allowed me to begin taking the recipe of anti-nausea drugs in advance of the first chemo treatment tomorrow.

Time to get ‘er done!

3 comments:

caren said...

Hey Jack, thinking of you today and hope the first day went ok. Stay strong! Caren TNT

Jessica said...

Glad to hear things went smoothly today. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning and hoping the pills work their magic...

Slugman said...

The lengths that one will go to get out of a lunch date with his old partner... And all this time I was blaming it on the conversation! There must've been something in the water at ISO - I just had my prostate biopsied last night! LOL!

Annie and I are praying for a full and speedy recovery for you, Jack. Please let us know if there's anything we can do...
DW