Sunday, February 17, 2008

Almost done?... A dose of reality

Sorry for the couple of days of silence as I know that I’ve attracted some loyal readers to this blog. But after a non-eventful start to my chemo treatment where I was feeling generally “OK” the past day and a half has been a bit different. Basic bodily functions decided to take a vacation and the impact this had on my sleep knocked me for a loop.

With that said, I did manage to have a good night of sleep last night and I’m feeling much better today. Amy helped me with the gyrations required to keep the mediport area dry and I managed to take a shower this morning. As you might imagine that was not only a benefit to me but to everyone else around me… LOL.

Another key is that I managed to eat a decent breakfast today. Trying to find an appetite and to eat against what has been an ongoing low-grade nausea has been tough. But I’m hanging in as tough as I can and please know that I appreciate all of the emails, blog comments, and phone calls very much.

To be continued….

1 comment:

Irene said...

Since hearing last weekend of your medical problem, I've been thinking of you and logging on to this site to read about your progress. Even though you must be feeling absolutely lousy, you write with such good humor; I take my hat off to you. Hang in there!

German and I wish you well, and if there is anything we can do to help you or Amy please shout.

Irene