Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday 2/25 recap

Hello everyone. As of tomorrow it will have been a full week since my first round of chemo was completed. While I’m still dealing with some of the side affects, for the most part I’m back to being myself again. Suffice it to say that I have a new appreciation for just how functional our tongue really is (OK, no comments from the peanut gallery…).

I visit Dr. Richards this afternoon for what I expect to be a quick follow-up. My visit to him last Thursday went well. Although my blood counts were all in normal range he still gave me the Neulasta injection to boost my immune system. And I had only lost a few pounds through the first treatment so he was happy about that. My appetite has been pretty good so I’m hoping to more then make up those few pounds before my next treatment.

Leaving the house yesterday to accompany Amy on some errands and for grocery shopping was a real treat. Don’t laugh, I’m being serious. However, it did require a 2 and a half hour nap to recover. No joke.

I’ve had some people asking questions about the picture I had on the blog of me with Sasha, Bailey, and Erin. Based on that interest I just put up a better picture. You don’t have to ask me twice to show off my beautiful daughters. Unfortunately Amy is not one for picture taking so I don’t have a really good one that includes her.

Oh, and some people have been asking me about my work situation. Once the IV pump was removed last week I was slowly able to start checking in with and spending more time connected to work. The beauty of a job in corporate IT is that I can work seamlessly from home. And my management at JPMorgan Chase has been extremely accommodating. My hope is to be able to continue in this way and to avoid, if at all possible, going into a disability situation.

On that note… I have to run so that I can wrap up some things before heading to Dr. Richards.

1 comment:

Nell said...

Your girls all do a good job of representing Amy in the picture, they all look just like her!