Monday, February 11, 2008

Here we go

I spoke with Dr. Richards several times today and now know that the selected chemo protocol is DCF (Docetaxel (aka Taxotere), Cisplatin, and 5FU). The first treatment is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, 2/14 and I should get confirmation of that tomorrow.

The treatments will be every 3 weeks and we'll go 3-4 cycles before using a CT scan to gauge progress. The 3 week interval doesn't sound so bad except the 5FU component of the protocol actually is infused over 5 days. I assume that I'll learn all of the details of how that works tomorrow.

There was also a minor schedule change today as well. My chemo tutorial was re-scheduled until tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Hi Jack..you are in my prayers. Ingrid

Ian said...

Hi Jack,

We have worked together as band parents and I am looking forward to us continuing working together. Please know if their anything, anything at all I can do for you guys, I am there! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.....

Ian