Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Excuse me, how many?

Our visit with the nurse practitioner went well today. Lucianna was very nice and we reviewed lots of practical information specific to the chemo process, its potential side affects, and how to manage those side affects. There wasn't very much new information for us with that discussion.

However, as someone who has trouble remembering to take a multi-vitamin everyday the rude awakening for me came when we discussed not one, not two, but THREE different drugs that I have to take to manage nausea and vomiting. These will be taken starting the day before every treatment and ending 2 days after.

Because my first treatment is scheduled for Thursday we had to stop at the drug store on the way home because I need to start taking these pills tomorrow. This enabled me to pick up some tickets for tonight’s Mega-million drawing. C’mon, who can resist a chance at $150 million? LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow Uncle Jack. My thoughts are with you.
Love,
Teph

nardia said...

good luck tomorrow. if you need anything at all, let me know.
p.s. I still have that mega millions tix that we bought from back in September..wonder if I can retire..(lol)