Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Turning the corner

After a tough weekend of dealing with issues related to my mouth/throat I seem to be turning the corner into true recovery from round #2. Losing 7 pounds over the weekend took its toll but after managing to finally eat something last night I think I’m nearing the mode where I’ll soon be eating anything that isn’t nailed down. As fellow cyclist Frank Derby once said after completing the 100-mile ride in Lake Tahoe, “I’m hungry enough to eat a small village”.

This positive turnaround came after I called Dr. Richards’ office yesterday morning to request an appointment. Although he was on vacation I was able to see Lucianna, the nurse practitioner, and she was able to prescribe an antibiotic as well as demanded that I stay there for a couple of bags of IV to re-hydrate. Although I wasn’t excited about staying a few hours for the IV I knew that it I needed it badly and didn’t resist. I’m glad that I stayed. She also directed me to use a different oncology mouthwash that also seems to have had an immediate positive impact on my mouth.

And WE GOT SHAMROCKED yesterday by Amy’s Army. See the picture below. The Shamrock’s are easily the greenest thing on our winter lawn. LOL.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hey,

Remember my moto...."Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate" I hope the "Luck of the Irish" stay with you.
I am organizing the fund raising dinner at The Shrimp Box on May 13th, LIVESTRONG DAY, Could I ask you and your family to be our guests of honor if you are feeling well enough that day?
Helen

Unknown said...

Jack, sounds like you have some positive things going on. Best wishes.