Friday, March 28, 2008

Treatment #3 is underway

Treatment #3 is officially underway and so far things are very much status quo. My appetite is still good and no crazy side affects have kicked in yet. Dr. Richards kept the dosage for this treatment at the same “kicked up” level as last time. I’m trying to do a better job with hydration and hope that I’ll have some better results overall.

Other news is that I will have at least a total of 6 chemo treatments. Since the schedule will remain as 3-week cycles that means this COULD come to a conclusion relatively soon. Treatment #6 will be scheduled for May 29th, my birthday. How weird is that? A CT scan will also be scheduled in the April 14-16 timeframe and that will be our first view into the progress that has been made through these first 3 treatments. I expect the scan to show positive results since during the 3rd week of each cycle, when I’m generally “recovered” and back to normal, I’ve been able to eat like a fiend with no discomfort or pain.

I had been a little nervous about the scheduling of treatments #5 and #6 but they seem to mesh as well as possible with Erin’s graduation from George Mason and our need to manage the logistics of retrieving Bailey from Indiana University at the end of the spring semester. Thank goodness for small favors. And, yes, I know that friends and family are always available to help but it looks like things will work out well.

Heartfelt thanks to those of you that have been so generous with donations for my participation and for your support of the overall effort by 48 of my friends on the Mintz’s Mentschen TEAM as we prepare for LAF LiveStrong Challenge events in Austin, TX and Philadelphia later this year.

More posts to come as this treatment cycle continues…

1 comment:

Gc said...

Thanks for the update Jack, as always many prayers/thoughts be with you . Let us know when you may be up for another visit from the HWB'S !!!!!!