Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 25th

It’s been a full week since I posted on the blog and today I got scolded for it. I’m sorry but as I mentioned in the last entry I turned the corner and well…. I just kept going. The antibiotic really helped to resolve the issues I was having and my appetite and ability to eat quickly returned. I didn’t consume any small villages but I’ve certainly been ticking off a list of food cravings one by one. That seems to be the pattern with the 2 treatment cycles I’ve had so far. Deal with the symptoms for a couple of weeks and then for the final week totally enjoy the ability to eat and to taste food.

This past weekend I didn’t get my exercise on the bicycle. Amy’s birthday was last Wednesday so we celebrated on Saturday in Manhattan by seeing the Broadway show “Spring Awakening”. I highly recommend the play. We got into the city on the early side and did lots of walking. OK, OK…. Yes, a good deal of the walking was to kill a food craving of mine. I introduced Amy to Ess-a-Bagel (I know that Ron Brandsdorfer has to be familiar with Ess-a-Bagel) and afterward we both agreed it was well worth the extra mileage.

After this next treatment the big event will be a CT scan to see if there’s been any change. I know that there’s been improvement but the question is how much. I plan on pressing Dr. Richards for a tentative schedule for the next few months. I’ll post that on the blog as soon as I have anything worth sharing.

And now a quick update regarding the Mintz’s Mentschen cycling team in support of the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The TEAM has grown to 49 - (26 for the Austin event and 23 for Philadelphia). I still hope to ride in one or both of these events myself. The most important part of this is the fundraising support so please keep in mind that you can donate directly to me and our overall TEAM effort via my personal fundraising website. Donations can be made online or via paper form (there's a link on the website to print the form that is customized with my name and participant number). Thanks to those that have already donated so generously.

I’ll post an entry on the blog as soon as I’m able. Treatment starts at 8:15am on Thursday.

2 comments:

nardia said...

Good luck tomorrow !
kick butt and take names

Slugman said...

Hey Jack! So far all is good with my recovery. I'll be turning the recovery corner in the next two weeks. Thanks for your prayers! Now it's time for me to return the favor!

I'm talking nardia into stopping by your house with me in about 4-6 weeks (when I have the clearance to drive). I think it's past time we sit for lunch or something. I'll contact you in a few weeks to see if you'll be up to hanging with me!

Your blog is good! Always interesting to read. Keep it up! You'll find that there could be hundreds of eyes following your saga, without having to bother you personally. We had no idea just how many people were reading ours on a daily basis. And I don't start my computer up without reading yours! Tons of your friends would surely attest to that, also.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear your progress, and want to hear more! Hope you're up for the visit...