Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Treatment #3 winding down

So that I don’t get attacked for not providing information about how I’m doing here’s a quick update. At this point this information is very much status quo and I think we’re all in agreement that is definitely a GOOD thing!

Lana came this afternoon to remove my IV very reliably as the last drips of 5FU drained out of the bag. And as usual it was a huge relief to be removed from my tether. The delousing HOT shower followed soon after.

I’m almost afraid to say that the mouth/throat symptoms that usually kick in at this point seem somewhat muted right now. I think that I’ve been hydrating better and I’ve definitely been using the prescription “magic mouthwash” much more proactively. Maybe that’s done the trick this time. I hope for a slow steady recovery over the next week so that I can enjoy some real eating and EXERCISE. Gosh I feel like such a lump.

More details to follow as prep for the all important CT scan comes together. The scan will likely be in mid-April just before treatment #4 but clearly that will be huge as it will provide our first real view into what is going on.

Stay tuned…. And thanks for reading along! Amy and I know you’re all out there and we feel it. We honestly do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jack:

Thanks so much for these precious updates! They truly help us keep tabs on you from afar but, more importantly, without personal intrusion. We already have Helen’s May13th fundraising dinner on our calendar, but I’m certain we’ll be exchanging hugs and handshakes before then; especially as we more fully unite team training and fundraising activities. BTW, chemo is a heck of a way to lose 7 pounds, huh Jack??? Not like the “good” old days with LLS; ride 100 miles and GAIN weight.

As always, our prayers, support, and positive thoughts are with you and your family.

Greg & Gerallyn