Wednesday, April 9, 2008

CT scan done... now wait

Hello everyone. The CT scan today went well and now we wait anxiously for the results. I’m hoping to know something tomorrow (Thursday), Friday for sure. Of course I will let you all know as soon as I possibly can.

Meanwhile my eating has not recovered as quickly as I’d like. As you’d expect I’m very anxious to be able to enjoy food for a few days prior to the next treatment so it’s been a bit frustrating for me that eating is still very much an effort.

On a more positive note various aspects of the Mintz’s Mentschen effort continue to amaze.

1) Helen Ihde’s fundraising dinner at The Shrimp Box on May 13th is approaching a sell-out of 50 people and will be attended by representatives from the Lance Armstrong Foundation as well as the Director of Oncology from the Meridian Health System.

2) Dan Nies just sent an announcement that the TEAM will be featured in the LiveStrong Newsletter next week.

3) Last week my employer, JPMorgan Chase, formally added me to the quarterly Giving Campaign for my department and donations have started to roll in.

All very exciting...

What’s more exciting, at least to me, is that it looks like I’m going to get in a bike ride this Sunday. That it may happen as part of a Mintz’s Mentschen training ride is icing on the cake.

Thank you all for your cards, letters, emails, and certainly your generous financial support for LAF.

No comments: