Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday, April 3rd

My routine visit today with Dr. Richards was definitely routine but with one little wrinkle and also some new information to pass along.

The big mission for my visit today was for the Neulasta injection to boost my immune system. The wrinkle is that this was the first time that my white blood cell count pre-injection was significantly low. That’s what the Neulasta is for so all should be OK very shortly on that front. The new information is that the CT scan has been scheduled and it will be a few days earlier then we had expected. It will be next Wednesday, April 9th. With the added motivation of wanting so badly to know what the scan will show maybe the lovely contrast drink will go down a bit easier…… NOT!!!!! LOL.

As an aside, my favorite side affects that had been so muted in recent days are now starting to act up. It’s a bit frustrating to get through the 6-day IV period and a couple of days later to start what for me is the worst of chemo. But others have it much worse then I so I do try to make a point of not complaining about it (at least not too much… LOL).

And now it’s time for me to put my tail between my legs and to beg forgiveness. Last night it hit me that I’m now starting the 4th month of blogging on this journey and that I have failed to mention or thank Amy’s Army even once. As with the Mintz’s Mentschen cycling TEAM the group now known as Amy’s Army formed immediately upon my diagnosis. This local group of very dear friends mobilized to offer all kinds of love and support while also keeping us supplied with baked goods, cut flowers, plants on our front steps, and other mystery surprises such as a lawn of Shamrocks. The love has been constant. Not trying to be dramatic or anything but with a tear in my eye, THANK YOU all.

3 comments:

Ken Carlson said...

Hey Jack,I was thinking about you just today and when I spoke with dan Gerstenhaber today he mentioned that he might ride with you tomorrow.

I was asking how you were and he referred me to your blog. I will certainly follow your progress my friend.

I hope your white blood cell count increases, and that you're feeling okay this weekend.

I'll be in touch Jack.

Ken

Slugman said...

Jack, good luck with your test today! We're all pulling for you!

BigJack said...

Good luck with today's test. I hope it shows some good news.