Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Treatment day

Today is treatment #12 for 2011 and as I get closer to the next PET scan the excitement/anxiety is starting to build. The scans dictate everything and although I continue to feel well you just never know what is going to turn up. Results back in May were good and there's a chance that this scan will show that I'm in remission and that I can have a chemo vacation. The scan will be the 2nd week of August. I should get the Rx today and I’ll call tomorrow to schedule it. See you soon Betsy, Shane, and Nick!

This past weekend a classmate of mine from the Union High School class of 1977 hosted an informal reunion at his Jersey shore home. What a blast! The weather was perfect and 50-60 people came. It was so much better then an expensive formal reunion because it was more of a natural social setting and everyone came to have fun. What was most special for me is that just about everyone came up to me and wanted to know how I was doing. Even more amazing is that I have received donations to the LiveSTRONG event and we may even pick up some people to join Mintz’s Mentschen and that will ride with me in my posse on the 20-mile route. These are the things that really hit home with me and that provide the emotional and spiritual support that I need. Sure, LiveSTRONG is something that I use as a mindset and that I try to have drive my “F cancer” badass day-to-day outlook. But it sure is fantastic to experience the generosity and genuine caring of people. Even from friends that I haven’t been in contact with for 34 years!! Amazing and truly moving. Thank you all. I’ll try to post a couple of pictures when get my hands on some.

Bailey arrived home on Sunday. She’s on her roadtrip from completing her bachelors degree at Indiana University to her graduate program at Florida International in North Miami. Unfortunately she’s here on week 1 of a treatment cycle but we’ll make the best of it.

No comments: