Wednesday, July 6, 2011

F Cancer

Treatment #11 for 2011 is well on its way to being history and once again things are status quo on that front. Not feeling great but not so awful. I just shut down from my work day and I'm heading upstairs for some couch time.

But before I do I need to vent a bit since this past weekend was way too heavy with bad news on the cancer front. First I got the very sad news that our long time family friend, Danny Millman, passed on Saturday after a horrific multi-year battle with bladder cancer. And then on Monday evening I learned that a high school friend of mine that I had been in touch with via Facebook has entered hospice after a multi-year battle of his own with colon cancer and other complications.

Needless to say this has really pissed me off and reinvigorated my efforts in support of LiveSTRONG and Cycle for Survival. To see the suffering that cancer can inflict and the impact that it has on families is tough for me to deal with. So the Mintz's Mentschen efforts continue and with one of our mottos coming right up front and center this week... F Cancer!!!

Another similar sentiment is on the business card of our staff member contact from the Lance Armstrong Foundation, Dylan Trakas.

No comments: