Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More awful news

As I prepped for a quick blog post to provide my latest information I made the mistake of popping in to take a look at Facebook.

I was smacked with another piece of terrible news. You have read my comments previously about Jennifer Goodman Linn, founder of Cycle for Survival, so I won’t repeat all of that. This is simply awful news.

The Cycle for Survival community wishes to express our profound sorrow at the passing of our founder, and friend, Jennifer Goodman Linn, and we extend our deepest sympathy to her beloved husband, David, and their families. Jen lived fearlessly each day, and she brought out the best in us and in everyone lucky enough to know her. In her honor, we will continue to work tirelessly to carry out her extraordinary vision.

I will continue to participate in Cycle for Survival in support of Jennifer and in support of an outstanding organization.

I guess that I’ll press on with the few tidbits of information specific to me. My treatment went well yesterday and the feedback that I was given on my fatigue is that my blood counts are all in a good range, however, the fatigue is common with extended treatment with camptosar (irinotecan). So hopefully my next treatment on August 2nd will be my last for a while. Otherwise we may just need to change things up a bit.

I did also get the Rx for my PET/CT and that is scheduled for Monday, August 8th.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thinking of you my ol friend.

Muigi said...

Hi, I recently discovered your blog and just wanted to say that you are truly an inspiration. My mom was diagnosed in the Fall of 2009 with stomach ca stage 4 (met to distant lymph node). She is doing well and we try to exercise often and we juice regularly. She has reacted more from the symptoms of chemo than the cancer itself. It's truly a small world because I live in central NJ, and we've also met with Dr. Meng from Sloan.

My best wishes for good scan results!!!!! Take care.

- Lana

Jack said...

Lana,
Thanks so much for your kind words. Please feel free to contact me via email and if you're so inclined please know that you're more than welcome to join our cycling group. It's a combination of terrific exercise and cancer support group. LOL.

Be well.
Jack--