Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, October 5th

All has been going well with me. Hence the long lapse of time since my last post.

Work has been VERY busy so while I haven’t been to the gym as much as I’d like when I do get there the spin classes have been great. And I’ve been cycling outdoors at every opportunity as well. I’m handling rides in the low 30-mile range without too much trouble and rode with some Mintz’s Mentschen teammates today at Washington’s Crossing. My 28.5 mile ride was terrific.

I have an appointment with Dr. Richards this Thursday morning. I expect the visit itself to be very short as it will probably be nothing more then a quick check of my blood counts. The important thing to come from this appointment will be that the wheels will start turning to schedule my CT scan. Considering the time it takes to obtain all required insurance approvals I expect the scan will happen sometime during the week of Monday, 10/13. If you’re wondering, despite that I’m feeling well, yes, I am nervous about it.

Following are some pictures that I think you’ll like. One was taken at the Philly LiveSTRONG ride in August of me posing with the caricature of me that is on our Mentschen cycling jersey. The other is a picture of the fuzz on my head. Yep, it’s still a bit sparse up there.






No comments: