Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day

Today completes what has been a fun 3-day holiday weekend. Erin was home this weekend to partake in our usual Saturday marching band festivities. This worked out well since the WWPHS-South band took 1st place for Group II bands at the North Brunswick competition. And on Sunday morning I managed to get in a bike ride with members of the Austin Mintz’s Mentschen team. The ride was short at only 22 miles but it was at a decent pace and somewhat hilly (at least for me...). So, I'll view it as somewhat of an "interval" ride and definitely rate it as a good one since I felt strong throughout.

My appointment with Dr. Richards last Thursday was, as I had predicted, mostly uneventful. One item of note is that my hemoglobin has finally returned to normal range. Dr. Richards also suggested that a PET scan would be a better choice then a regular CT scan so the process of insurance approvals was set in motion. I received confirmation today that the PET scan will be on Thursday, 10/16 at 9am. I will post the results here as soon as I get them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jack,
So glad you got in a hilly ride and that there is no new news...lol
Thanks for supporting the Saturday ride. It was great seeing you strollin in the sunshine with coffee in hand!
Lets get together soon.
Dan G