Monday, October 20, 2008

PET/CT scan results

I’ve talked with some of you regarding the preliminary PET/CT scan results so I apologize knowing that you and everyone else that is still reading my blog have been kept waiting for more complete information.

Here goes… while the scan results are not completely clean they’re not awful either. Aside from “mildly increased metabolic activity near the GE junction” there is no suspicious activity anywhere else. The radiology report recommends an endoscopy for a closer look so I have an appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. Fidanzato, the gastroenterologist that assisted with my original diagnosis back in January. I expect this appointment to be fairly brief and hopefully I’ll come home with a date/time for the endoscopy.


With that said please know that I'm feeling just fine. I have no symptoms with eating, swallowing, etc. and have continued to enjoy cycling at every opportunity. In fact, just yesterday I was with Dan Nies, Joanne Vencius, Gary Vencius, and Ingrid French at the Covered Bridge ride and thoroughly enjoyed the weather and a 32-mile ride. I may even have some pictures soon to help prove it!

The Austin Mintz's Mentschen team convenes in Texas this weekend for the actual event. Let's all keep them in our thoughts as they go out to carry the flag in memory/honor of far too many cancer patients. Our TEAM has collectively raised over $51,500!! Simply amazing. Thank you all.

2 comments:

webstar106 said...

Positive attitude
Positive attitude
Positive attitude

Its probably just beautiful scar tissue.

Good luck tomorrow!

And yes we still watch the blog....didnt want to bother you.

Richard Lewis said...

A lot of us are watching this blog. We are all waiting with you and praying for the best outcome. Be Strong, Live Strong. We are with you!!

Rich Lewis