Monday, October 27, 2008

Endoscopy today

Sorry for not putting up a blog post to let you know that the endoscopy was actually TODAY. Dr. Fidanzato is terrific and since I haven't seen him in nine months his reaction to how my condition has changed is one of amazement. I kind of like that... LOL. Anyway, while he did take some biopsy samples his assessment of things visually is that my esophagus and stomach look normal and that the "mass is gone". The biopsy results may take another week.


I don't mean to gross anyone out but I scanned the endoscopy pictures of my lower esophagus (where it meets the stomach) from the procedures done in January and today. I know that none of us are medical professionals but the improvement, in my opinion, is more then obvious. The before pictures are on top and the current pictures are on the bottom. Looks much better, huh?




And as promised... here's a picture, courtesy of Gary Vencius, as we shivered prior to the start of the Covered Bridge ride last weekend.


Me, Joanne and Gary Vencius, Ingrid French, and Dan Nies

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack,

I think your pictures are like a work of art!!! Very cool indeed.

Elisa

Erin said...

innnnteresting...why is one of the pics blue? very cool though! the difference between January to now is amazing.

love you faja!

Daughter #1

Unknown said...

Jack,

So happy to get the continued good news! I agree with Erin - the difference between January and now is amazing.
All our love,
Sherry and Dan

BigJack said...

Jack,
The bottom pictures don't look angry, sore or have any growths. Plus the space is gone. Don't know how to read them, but I sure can see a big difference. How is your weight? Still eating good?
Love to all the girls/women of your family.
Jack in Colorado

Unknown said...

Jack, we are anxious to hear the good news that the girls are so excited about on facebook! Its great to see them looking so happy!