Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back in the saddle

A week of business travel was a bit of a setback as far as my exercise “routine” so the weather this weekend was exactly what I needed. Yesterday was one of our typical fall marching band days where we’re on the go with the band from early in the morning and into the evening.

But today I managed to get out for the 30-mile ride I wanted to do 2 weekends ago. I totally enjoyed the 30.75 mile ride and I managed to complete it in exactly 2 hours. Ordinarily speed/pace is the last thing that I make any note of, however, in this case I’m viewing this as a gauge of my fitness level and in that regard today’s ride has me feeling pretty good.

I even had the opportunity to see an “All Jacked Up” jersey flash by today! Jim Grassi was riding the Pumpkin Patch Pedal event and passed me, going in the opposite direction, as we were riding through Roosevelt, NJ. We yelled hello to each other without stopping. Just another of those “Hey, butt wipe!” moments (an observation for all you cavemen out there, LOL). It was a nice surprise and very cool to see Jim wearing the Team Mentschen jersey.

For all of the Mentschen that are approaching their final month of fundraising and training please know that I’m continuing to think of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and keep Living STRONG. As Dan Nies mentioned in a recent email please remember the real reason we’re doing this and send out another email blast or two to try and attract some more donations. The Mintz’s Mentschen TEAM is at a combined total of $44,000 raised so far. How impressive is that!?!

1 comment:

Bruce McClinton said...

Wonderful to hear Jack!

I know you're in a tough spot right now, but it really would be great to see you in Austin. If not my offer to you and Nell stands. ;)

Bruce