Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The results are in

No.... I'm not referring to the presidential election.

Although the pics I had posted last week had Dan Nies convinced that I am pregnant, Dr. Fidanzato's office called late yesterday afternoon to tell me that the biopsy results came back and that it is benign. I have an appointment with him later this month to discuss yet another endoscopy. He is recommending an endoscopic sonogram to take a look "below the surface" of the esophagus at the GE junction. That appointment is on 11/20 and I'll be seeing Dr. Richards again on 11/19. So... more info to come from those office visits.

The Austin LiveSTRONG event was at the end of October and just as happened with the Philly event it was a special weekend. What was very cool is that it was even special for me despite my inability to take time off and participate myself. Cell phones, email, and text messages kept me in touch with the Mintz's Mentschen TEAM throughout the weekend. And Dan Nies took a series of videos with a handheld camera through the weekend. Those have been posted to YouTube and I'll provide links on this blog when I have a bit more time.

We've already started talking about potential cycling events in 2009 but for now we'll continue to bask in the glow of a Mintz's Mentschen LiveSTRONG fundraising total of over $53,100. Wow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jack! Now I know why your beautiful girls were so happy on facebook! We share their joy. We would love to see you and Amy soon. xoxo, Sherry and Dan

Ken Carlson said...

Wow Jack. Congratulations. I am speechless and so happy for you. I expect this will be a very happy holiday season for you.

Let's ride sometime and celebrate!!

All the best,

Ken