Sunday, October 3, 2010

Post #8

Rescheduling treatment #8 so that Amy could take me and having it fall on a Thursday instead of the usual Tuesday has thrown me off a bit. But really my focus right now is on the upcoming PET/CT and the transition that these next couple of weeks will bring. Dr. Richards confirmed that this treatment was my last on carboplatin/taxol and all answers to the question of where we go from here will be based on the PET/CT that is scheduled for Tuesday, October 12.

The scan results could bring any of a variety of outcomes and I’m trying very hard not to speculate. However, I do know that outside of the first week of every treatment cycle that I’m generally feeling quite well. I’m a little tired but otherwise I’m feeling fine and have been able to maintain my weekend bike riding. Last weekend the temperatures here were a bit warm but I rode with Stephanie Tobler and Jim Grassi for a fun 35-mile ride. As the weather quickly turns to fall I’m taking my annual inventory of cold weather cycling gear to see if there’s anything that needs to be replaced. I’m expecting to ride straight through fall/winter as the weather allows and I’m already starting to think about events to plug into my riding/exercising schedule. In February there is a fundraiser for Memorial Sloan-Kettering in Manhattan that some of us may participate in.

The point here is that I’m feeling good and expecting positive PET/CT results.

Yesterday was LiveSTRONG Day… a day to raise cancer awareness, a day of remembrance for those that have lost their battle and also to acknowledge those actively fighting and winning. All day yesterday I received emails, texts, and Facebook posts from friends and family that wore yellow in my honor. Heartfelt thanks to all of you.

While travelling with the Indiana University women’s volleyball team this weekend for games in Iowa and Minnesota Bailey was able to arrange something on the unique side. She was able to have BOTH the Indiana and Iowa teams where yellow ribbons on their shoes for their game. Too cool. LiveSTRONG!!


No comments: