Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday, September 21st

As usual I start with apologies for the time in between blog posts. But really things have been….. well…… BORING. In the big scheme of things right now boring is a good thing.

Treatment #7 on September 7th was status quo. Same chemo protocol and with manageable side affects. Having Rosh Hashanah two days after treatment was a new experience but I held up fairly well I think.

This past weekend, after a 2-week layoff, I was back on the bike and amazingly I felt very good. I can’t be more thankful for that since the weather couldn’t have been more perfect with bright sunshine and cool temperatures. Dan Nies and Laura Zucconi accompanied me for a wonderful 30.5 mile ride. I’m already thinking about plans for this coming weekend.

I had a checkup with Dr. Richards today and generally there wasn’t too much to discuss. We’ll probably keep the chemo protocol the same one last time for treatment #8 and then see what happens in early October with my PET/CT results. Outside of treatment weeks I’ve been feeling terrific, however, I’m trying hard to not have any heavy expectations so that I can avoid what would be crushing disappointment.

Donations to the Lance Armstrong Foundation collected by our Mintz’s Mentschen team have come to rest at a grand total of $28,553. Spread over 22 fundraising team members that’s an amazing amount.

The PET/CT will be soon after October 7th and I will post results as soon as possible.

No comments: