Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chemo vacation month 1

Without being in treatment the roller-coaster ride levels off very quickly. The past few weekends have been terrific with regard to bike riding. I had two solo 37 mile rides and then last weekend Amy and I enjoyed a 39.5 mile ride on the tandem. This blew me away given that Amy hasn't been on the tandem in quite some time. Guess she can be a bit badass herself!

My plan is to get out early tomorrow before we get busy with other stuff. Unfortunately the time constraint will limit me to a max of around 30 miles but I'm looking forward to it.

This chemo vacation also brings an opportunity for me to use the remainder of my 2010 vacation days on something other then treatment days. Novel idea, huh? New Jersey teacher's convention is next week so Amy and I will have an opportunity to take a long weekend. Our plans are to head down to St. Michaels Maryland for an oyster festival and a relaxed weekend with good friends. Joe and Elisa Duch will join us and we're going to spend time with my good friend Mark Cheben and his wife who live in that neck of the woods.

That's about all I have to talk about right now. I'll be seeing Dr. Richards on November 8th for a checkup and I expect it to be a very short visit. Basically it will just be a flush of my port but I may also ask him if he has any thoughts for the next set of chemo drugs we might try when the time comes.

No comments: