Monday, July 26, 2010

Pre-treatment post

Treatment number 5 is tomorrow. I have already started my pre-meds and as usual I have some mixed emotions in anticipation. As is typical I'm excited to see Dr. Richards for the opportunity to talk specifics of the coming weeks/months. But at the same time this roller coaster of a process does get to be a bit monotonous. Just when I'm starting to feel good again I'm right back in the chair for another round.

That's not a true complaint... just a bit of whining that isn't entirely justified. As I've said before, so far I have no horror stories to tell. My body is responding to treatment, once again, and many others aren't nearly as lucky as I have been in that regard. I'm truly thankful but longing to do some things that the treatment prevents.

I'll keep you all posted on any notable info from my conversation with Dr. Richards.

As expected this final month that is leading up to the LiveSTRONG event in Philly has started with a bang. Our Mintz's Mentschen ranks have grown and our total fundraising is over $12,000. Thank you all for your continued generosity.

Yesterday I experienced my first triathlon. NO!! Not as a participant. I volunteered to help with the event and lucked into a "crowd control" and traffic cop role at the busiest spot on the course... the transition area. Such fun!! What was also cool is that I saw two old friends from cycling events we've done with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Carolyn "Stella" Stellatella and Tina Duda. After seeing this olympic distance triathlon in action on a day where it was within a degree or two of 100 very humid degrees I now view these two women as true SUPER women. All I can say is WOW! And also that I'll NEVER do a triathlon!! Rock on Tina and Stella, I'm in awe.

No comments: