Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday, August 2, 2010

I'm one week out from treatment #5 so I'm in the clear from the worst of this round of chemo. With that said I'm definitely having some lingering numbness in my fingers so I think there will be some things to discuss with Dr. Richards when I see him for my checkup next week. As I've mentioned, this is one of the side affects of taxol that has been mentioned but the real kicker is that the neuropathy would be permanent. Although we're now talking something on the order of 8 treatments we may need to change things up a bit before going too much further so stay tuned.

I'm already thinking forward to cycling and exercise this weekend. I did manage to get a 30-mile ride in with Dan Nies on the very hot and humid weekend preceeding this past treatment. But the heat and physical affects of chemo really made it a struggle. It was a flat route but for some reason felt like we were going uphill! What's up with that!? LOL. I think that we'll be riding in the Princeton Freewheelers annual event on Saturday so it should be a good time.

Hey! The Mentschen fundraising total is on the cusp of $15,000. Very cool. And the excitement continues to build as we approach Philly LiveSTRONG weekend. New cycling jerseys and shirts have been designed and ordered. Will we win best jersey again? We'll do our best to stuff the ballot box again. Ha!

I made mention of this on Facebook and because it bears repeating I'll comment here as well. This past weekend I had a surprise tearful moment (happy tears) when I received a significant donation that brought me to the $3,500 total that I had set as my fundraising goal. When I started cycling with the people that now make up the Mintz's Mentschen team I was able to experience firsthand the incredible caring and compassion that does still exist in people as we worked together to support cancer-related organizations. The support and love that has come my way from so many directions has been, at times, very humbling to say the least.

Oh the lessons I've learned since January 2008.
Thank you all.

No comments: