Friday, July 9, 2010

TGIFriday

Before I go hit the couch to totally crash let me see if I can give a quick recap for what has been a wild week.

The July 4th weekend was terrific. Yes it was hot but without rain at least we were able to try and enjoy the time outdoors. There was a Mentschen training ride at Washington’s Crossing on Saturday that I enjoyed spending with Laura Zucconi as it was just the two of us on the shorter route. Everyone else headed for the hills and higher mileage. Sunday was a beach day that Amy and I enjoyed with Cheryl and Jules. Despite my using Neutrogena SPF 70 I was still very afraid of getting too much sun given the roaster of a day that it was. I stayed under the umbrella the entire day. I know that doesn’t sound like fun but I did enjoy the beach and the time with good friends. Monday brought an early morning solo 38-mile ride before heading down to Brick for family time.

That’s exactly what I was hoping to accomplish leading up to treatment #4 on Tuesday which brought nothing out of the ordinary. What was a bit of a surprise is that insurance approval and scheduling for the PET/CT came together very quickly.

I spoke to Betsy on Wednesday for final arrangements and lucked into an 8:15am appointment for Thursday. I jumped at the chance to get the scan done sooner rather then later even though I also had an afternoon appointment for my neulasta injection. Just another fun day of poking and prodding.

Shane and I shared some laughs with the PET prep but I’ll leave the details as an inside joke between the two of us. I’m just glad that I can make the visits with my friends at Princeton Radiology as memorable for them as it is for me. Ha!

And… the punch line is…. Dr. Richards gave me a call earlier today with the results. Long story short, “there is no new growth and what was there is shrinking”. I guess the 3rd time will indeed be a charm.

No comments: