Thursday, July 1, 2010

3rd time's a charm

About a week ago we passed into a timeframe where the Philly LiveSTRONG Challenge event on the weekend of August 21-22 is less then 2 months away. Therefore, it's the bell lap and we need to go into our kick with a bit more energy on our Mintz's Mentschen fundraising effort.


As if I needed a reminder for why my friends and I continue to raise funds for organizations like the Lance Armstrong Foundation I learned earlier this week that someone I know via the internet, Cal MacDonald, lost his cancer battle on Tuesday of this week. Cal and I shared a special connection with our individual cancer battles and I'll undoubtedly have him in mind as I get on my bike in August to ride in his memory as well as to honor the many that continue to fight.



First, please consider joining us this year. We have team members that are walking (5K or 10K) as well as cycling distances anywhere from 10-miles to a full 100-mile century ride. We're working as a team with organized training so it's not too late to join us and we can help to make sure that you have a successful and thoroughly enjoyable event.


Our Mentschen team cycling jerseys have nearly completed their design stage. For a $250 donation we will be able to put your corporate logo on the back of the jersey for all to see. Last year our Mentschen jersey won first place in the jersey contest. If you're interested please let me know right away. Here's the preliminary design. Funny... as I just imported the image I realized that Coach O'Dell is going to enjoy seeing the shamrocks on the jersey. Ha!



Of course any and all donations are greatly appreciated. You can donate online at my personal fundraising web page by clicking here.

The weather for this upcoming holiday weekend looks like it's going to be terrific. Last weekend Amy and I joined in on a Mentschen team training ride and enjoyed a nice 25-mile tandem ride through the backroads of Burlington County, NJ. This weekend I will probably ride solo and I'll be shooting for as much mileage as my body can stand. Chemo treatment #4 is on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get word on the insurance pre-certification for the PET/CT and I'll be able to go ahead and schedule it.


Have a terrific holiday weekend everyone!

No comments: