Thursday, June 24, 2010

The schedule is set

OK, the plan is in motion. At least the plan for the next few weeks anyway. I had my regular office visit with Dr. Richards yesterday and after my blood chemistry check revealed nothing out of the ordinary we focused on discussing the plan as it relates to coordinating treatment and my upcoming scan.

We are going to proceed with treatment #4 that is already scheduled for Tuesday, July 6th. I am very happy that it comes AFTER what I’m sure will be an enjoyable 3-day holiday weekend. Dr. Richards then wrote the prescription for a PET/CT scan to start the ball rolling for insurance approval. As Dr. Richards explained to me, while we’re interested in knowing tumor size our primary concern is whether there’s cancer activity. Sometimes tumors “die” and still exist while no longer supporting active cancer. So we’ll start with the PET/CT and take it from there. I assume that with this lead time that we’ll have no trouble getting the scan done very early on the week of July 12th.

So get ready Betsy, Shane, and Nick I’ll be seeing you soon over at Princeton Radiology. I sure wish I could get some frequent flier miles from these visits. I guess that I’ll have to settle for a nuclear “glow”. Ha!

The new excitement though is definitely related to insurance coverage. Our insurance carrier is changing on July 1st so how that does or doesn't play into generating some new entertainment remains to be seen. Stay tuned.

No comments: