Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oh yeah? Well I guess I'm a little badass myself

Yesterday morning I happened to notice the following link on the cnn.com website regarding the benefits of exercise during cancer treatment. Obviously this hit close to home so I had to take a look. Click here to read the article. Marika's comment that she "felt a little badass being on my bike during treatment. I was giving cancer the middle finger" was perfect. Of course my thinking is that if she's badass that I must be too! I'm getting a kick by thinking of myself as "badass".... LOL. When I mentioned this to Stephanie Tobler she got a laugh when putting "mentsch" and "badass" in the same sentence.

Funny as it may be I'm going to stick with this badass thing for a while. We rode 31 miles in 90+ degree heat last weekend out of Washington's Crossing and then yesterday I rode a 30-mile loop from my house. The weekend warrior approach to exercise isn't the easiest but I'm enjoying the riding and definitely feeling a little badass about it.

Treatment #3 is Tuesday and since we're rapidly approaching the end of the school year for Amy I'm going to be chaperoned to chemo by Sasha. It'll be fun having her there with me. And with this treatment taking place in the Somerset office she'll get to meet all of my old friends there.

NOTE.... for all of the fans of the COMMENT feature on this blog please be aware that I have turned it back on. Last night while at our Union High School track team reunion I was lucky enough to receive some free consulting from Mike Halloran. Silly me to not focus enough on the fact that when I, as owner of the blog, sign in that there's a trash can icon that allows me to delete unwanted comments. I will take care of any stray comments that happen to appear.

Our 8th annual track team reunion was a lot of fun. It always is. Our alumni group presented our $2,500 Robert O'Dell scholarship to a very worthy graduating senior and then I got surprised when I was presented with a "Lifetime Achievement" award. To receive this award from Coach O'Dell and to be surrounded by so many old friends means a lot to me. To have been able to experience an evening such as this is just one more in a growing list of blessings that is so easy for me to see. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I take NONE of it for granted and feel very very lucky. I am incredibly humbled by the love that continues to come my way.
The words seem so inadequate but, thank you one and all. (I may post some pictures from the reunion sometime soon).

No comments: