Monday, June 21, 2010

Treatment #3 and counting....

Sorry about that… I knew that I needed to make a blog entry but lost touch with exactly how much I had fallen behind.

Yes, chemo treatment #3 was last Tuesday. About all I can say on that subject is that I think the cumulative aspect of chemo is starting to take hold. During the 3-week cycle for treatment #2 I was badass enough to be able to cycle each of the 3 weekends. But despite nice sunny weather there was no way that cycling was in the cards for me this past weekend. I may try to get to the gym tomorrow evening for some easy elliptical spinning to clear my head but I’m really hoping for some flat/easy riding this coming weekend.

Treatments 2 and 3 have had successive increases in the carboplatin dosage. The big impact there is supposedly on my blood counts so we’ll see what the blood chemistry is when I see Dr. Richards on Wednesday afternoon. My expectation is also that we’ll talk about specifics for this next scan. Scheduling craziness had me seeing Dr. Fein for both of my office visits last week and he thought that we might do the scan BEFORE the 4th treatment. I hope to find out scheduling as well as MRI vs. PET/CT info on Wednesday.

As promised, following are a couple of pics from the Union High School alumni reunion where I was surprised with the annual Lifetime Achievement award.

Coach O'Dell and I striking a quick pose


Class of 1977 with Coach O'Dell (l-r Al Schweikert, Coach, Mike Halloran, and me)

No comments: