Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy holidays

Believe me, I know how much of an understatement this is but I’ll say it anyway… It sure feels good to be looking at a new year and with no medical issues pending.
I had a regular 6-week checkup with Dr. Richards yesterday and everything was very much status quo.

There was a moment of muted excitement when Vicki, one of the oncology nurses that I feel blessed to have had caring for me, questioned why I still had my medi-port. I say “muted” because even without Dr. Richards input I knew that it would be on the hasty side to be looking to have it removed right now. And that’s exactly what Dr. Richards said when he came into the room. My status is in a middle ground where we’ll see how it goes with the next PET/CT, or two, or…. LOL.

But the good part is that the port is continuing to work trouble free. With each office visit they use it to take blood to check my blood chemistry and then flush it to make sure it stays in good working order.

So, as I continue to make plans for what I hope to be an active and exciting new year of bicycling events I wish you all a terrific holiday season and a happy, healthy 2010.

No comments: