Sunday, December 6, 2009

Game on

OK… game on.
After a small hiccup on the first attempt for insurance approval my next PET/CT is scheduled for this Wednesday at 7:45am. I’m ready. I look forward to seeing my friends at Princeton Radiology and hope to get the chance to express my appreciation for how they've been a comforting presence to me during the two year roller-coaster ride I've been on. We’ll see what the PET/CT shows and, if necessary, we’ll schedule a follow-up endoscopic ultra-sound for a closer look.

I haven’t been able to get to the gym nearly as much as I had hoped but weekend cycling has been awesome. A couple of weekends ago I did 34-mile rides on both Saturday and Sunday. This was followed by a significant milestone ride last weekend where I rode 36 miles at Washington’s Crossing including two of the more challenging climbs that we do in that area (for the Mentschen and TNT’ers out there these were Mine Rd. and Pleasant Valley). The best part is that I felt much better then I could have expected on those climbs. Overnight snow (slush) cancelled our early morning group ride today but I waited until the temperature got in the 40 degree range and hit the road for my familiar 34-mile loop. My objective is to continue this through the winter, hopefully with more consistent weekday spin classes, so that I can handle an ambitious 2010 event schedule. I plan to ride in support of my friend Missy Gervasini with her team “The Missy Express” in the May 2010 Coast the Coast event to raise money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. And, of course, we’ll also be doing one or more LiveSTRONG events in 2010.

No comments: