Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another non-countdown countdown

I"m sorry for the late notice but things have truly been THAT crazy for me lately. Despite the short notice I couldn't let the opportunity for even this one day countdown to pass by.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, July 29th, will be the last day that I'll be taking the chemo drug xeloda. Remember, although the IV part of the chemo treatment was nearly two weeks ago I have to take xeloda for the first two weeks of every cycle. After tomorrow I'll be down to only prevacid which is basically a super antacid.

Excitement for the August 23rd LiveSTRONG event is definitely building. At least for me it is! I'm hoping to ride in a local bike ride that is hosted by the Princeton FreeWheelers bike club this coming Saturday as a training ride. And with a bit of luck maybe Amy will do it with me on the tandem.

Thanks so much for the generous donations to LiveSTRONG. After raising well over $5,000 last year I was hoping for a scaled back personal goal of $3,000 and I'm exactly halfway there. As I've mentioned before I know that I have a lot of readers on this blog so if everyone can consider even a small donation it will all add up. Click here to get to my fundraising website.

No comments: