Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The eve before

Not much of a countdown was it? From T-7 to T-1 in one shot. LOL.

I'm in serious need of sleep but I really want to get something posted here real quick.

The past week has been crazy with work hours but the terrific weekend weather and an unexpected bike ride with Dan Nies last evening came together as 3 days of bike riding in the last 5. Not bad at all!

I met Dan, Stephanie Tobler and Doreen Dunnigan at Washington's Crossing on Saturday and had little trouble completing a 26.2 mile ride. What was most meaningful to me is that I was able to climb the "mansion hill". This was the hill that caused me to fail and call Gary Vencius for sag support not long ago. And then on Sunday I rode 11 miles with Amy on our tandem. That was an accomplishment in itself as it's been a very long time since Amy and I rode the tandem together. The best news is that Amy approves of the new cushy seat that I put on the tandem so hopefully our riding together will become more of a regular occurrence. I already have my sights set on our next tandem, a da Vinci. It only costs.... (shhhh, it's a secret! LOL). The 3rd and final ride was a 20-miler last evening with Dan. Thanks so much Dan for the late day text asking if I was interested. I'm thinking that each of these miles will help me to get my girlish figure back at some point. LOL.

I'm thinking about tomorrow and starting to get caught up in the emotion. So many things to think about but mostly, of course, it's the idea that this will be my last treatment for 2009 and hopefully a very long time after that as well. Here's to hoping that these 3 "add-on" treatments that followed the clean PET scan in May have really done their job.

Finally, thanks VERY MUCH to those that have responded to my plea with donations to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. We're collectively trying to make a concerted push for donations over these final weeks before the actual cycling event on August 23rd. Please become a part of it all by supporting me with a small donation. Click here for my LAF fundraising website. Note that there's a link on the website so that you can print a form if you prefer to mail a paper check.

Next post soon....

No comments: