Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008

Hello everyone... just a quick post to let you know that the mediport removal went very smoothly yesterday. I had been told that removal was going to be easier then when it was put in but I was still concerned. A little extra sedative and a much gentler doctor did the trick I think.

I'm a little sore but I'm already having improvement on the stiff neck simply from removal of the mediport. The rest will be cleared up when the blood thinners start tomorrow.

I have an appointment at Dr. Richards at 1:45pm. Amy will get a tutorial on administering the injections and I'd be surprised if they didn't have her go ahead and do this first one while people are there to provide help/feedback. Hopefully these drugs will have a quick impact and we can get beyond this little bump in the road.


Here's a picture while on the the 23.8 mile ride last weekend with two of my "draggers" (Cheri and Geneva.... Stephanie is taking the picture)


To be continued....

1 comment:

Richard Lewis said...

Glad everything worked out. You are in our prayers and heart. Keep smiling!