Monday, July 14, 2008

The verdict is in

It took until 8pm when the phone first rang from Dr. Meng at Sloan-Kettering. This was followed in short order by a call from Dr. Richards so I now have what I was referring to as “the punch line”. And as far as I’m concerned it is NOW safe to celebrate!!

I thanked Dr. Meng for calling but he said he was only too happy to call as he doesn’t get good news such as the results of my PET scan all that often. He said people do get a complete response such as I have but that I should be commended for enduring 7 cycles of what he described as “a difficult treatment protocol”. He said that he and Dr. Richards agreed that “a break” of 3 months from all treatment was in order. In 3 months we’ll take a CT scan to see what, if anything, is happening.

What a relief!
I’m still feeling the affects of treatment #7 but have all of the patience in the world knowing that I’ll have the opportunity for complete recovery this time around. It’s time for me to get back on that bike!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes! More good news! Can't wait to see you out there when you hop on that bike again...

Erin and John said...

OMG - That is amazing. Your (and everyone else's) positive attitude is a powerful thing. We hope we can see you guys when you are up for it - you get to choose what we eat!!!
Erin & John

sandi said...

JAAACCCKKK is BAAACCCKKK!!
A real life story with a fairy tale ending. You've got some powerful love going on with this family. Big hugs to all.