Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday, July 1st, 2008

Hello everyone….
About the only new and exciting news I have for you is a date/time for my PET scan. It will be on Thursday, July 10th at 7:45am. Since it will provide the first insight as to where we stand after the CT scan that was taken on April 9th I’m very anxious to get this done. I have every reason to believe that the positive affect of the treatments has continued and that once we have the results we’ll be able to discuss go-forward plans. Anything that eases what has become a monotonous roller-coaster of normalcy followed by extreme weight loss and discomfort has to be an improvement.

And that’s where I am right now… I was OK yesterday but took a big downturn today into the whole eating malaise. I fought it for as long as I could but now have to just ride it out again. Tomorrow is a visit to Dr. Richards for my Neulasta injection and some IV fluids. I can probably use the fluids at this point.

On the Mintz’s Mentschen front the training has become more serious, as expected, and total fundraising is now peeking over the $23,200 level. And many of the Austin team members, since their event isn’t until late October, have yet to really kick into gear. My personal fundraising is over $4,000 before JPMorgan Chase matching gifts have even hit my account! And there’s talk of publicizing our LiveSTRONG cause for 3rd Quarter giving at Chase.

Following are a couple of pictures of me and Bailey with the tandem and Mentschen teammates before the “simple pleasures” ride on June 21st. Thanks to Caren Altieri for the pics!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jack

Glad to hear you are getting a break from the treatments. Hope that means you will have a fun fourth including some good eats.

Sherry and I join you in looking forward to good news on the 7th.

Dan G