Friday, May 9, 2008

Treatment #5 is underway

Well, treatment #5 is underway. The last couple of nights have not been the most restful so right now I’m a bit on the tired side. But since I’m still in a decent place for eating at least I have that as a positive and it keeps me happy… LOL.

When I explained to Dr. Richards yesterday that my recovery took a good 3-4 days longer then with past treatments he dialed down the dosage of the Taxotere and Cisplatin by 20 ml each. If this helps to take the edge off of my week 2 side affects it will be awesome. He also indicated that once we have the CT scan in early June that he’ll engage with Dr. Meng at Sloan-Kettering again to strategize on next steps. He mentioned again that “we can’t just continue this forever” and that at some point it becomes unclear whether the small lesions/tumors that appear on the scans are active or if they’ve become scar tissue. It could be that we go into a mode where we take a break from the treatments and go into a “watch closely” period. I don’t know yet how that will translate into a frequency for CT and/or PET scans but the very idea of a respite from treatments has me VERY excited. Especially since this would come in the summer months and I’d be able to let loose with serious training for our LiveSTRONG efforts.

More news and feedback to come…

1 comment:

BigJack said...

BigJack is on the way with a pile of new music to keep you busy. I hope you have been listening to your cd's on your laptop since I am bring a number of dvd's also! See you tomorrow night at dinner!