Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bring it On

Hello everyone. I’m sorry for the time between posts but it’s been both a busy time with Erin’s graduation and also a tough time with a treatment cycle that just wouldn’t quit. As I mentioned in my last post I dropped a bunch of weight and my ability to eat just never recovered through the entire cycle. Therefore I've been somewhat miserable. Just ask Amy... LOL. However, today I was blessed with near normal eating ability and taste so we took full advantage and fed one of the many cravings that have accumulated over recent weeks. Hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze in one or two more good nights of eating before things turn sour again.

While I admit to being nervous for what the next 3 weeks could bring I have to say, “Bring it On”. My personal outlook is that many people have to endure much much worse in their individual battles with cancer. If my worst case boils down to two tough treatment cycles where I lose some weight then I can absolutely accept that. And more then one of you, some with medical credentials, have pointed out that lingering side affects at this point in the treatment regimen are a "good" sign. So, again, I'll play tough guy and say, "Bring it On".

Let’s look forward to the CT scan that will probably be in early June and the good results it will show us. I’m sure that I’ll come home with more details tomorrow and I’ll be sure to post our plan of attack as soon as I’m able.

A brief update regarding Mintz’s Mentschen. We’ve amazingly picked up even more team members so our count is up to 59 people. Incredible… absolutely incredible. And our fundraising continues to move upward as it just inched past the $17,000 mark. With some people just getting started I expect that we’ll be seeing that total steadily increase in the coming weeks/months leading up to the Philly and Austin events.

So…. Happy Birthday to me tomorrow. I think that it’s incredibly appropriate that my birthday this year is commemorated by what should be my last chemo treatment for the foreseeable future. A true reason to celebrate!! Thanks to all of you, “my people”. I know that I’ll have you there with me tomorrow and through these next weeks that could put me to the test.

1 comment: