Thursday, April 28, 2011

Same old....

Treatment #7 has been as uneventful as those that preceded it. Focus right now is still very much on the PET/CT scan that is scheduled for next Monday. Although the discussion that Amy and I had with Dr. Richards did prompt us to make an appointment for treatment #8.

Right now I’m feeling great and these types of plans are always subject to change. But given that there aren’t any heavy concerns with regard to toxicity or lasting side effects from my current chemo protocol we scheduled treatments #8 and #9. The plus side is that these will be on a 3-week schedule and the extra breathing room is more than welcomed at this point. An added benefit is that the timing works well around Bailey’s graduation from Indiana University and for me to visit Colorado in late May to assist Sasha with an off-campus apartment move in Fort Collins.

We’re four months away from the August LiveSTRONG event and my fundraising is already over $2,200. I’m shooting for $5,000 and our team total goal is $30,000 so we’ll need all the help we can get. The link to make a donation is http://philly2011.livestrong.org/jmintz . Thank you for the overwhelming support that I’ve already received.

It looks too like the Mintz’s Mentschen team is going to have yet another new cycling jersey and the theme is going to be something along the lines of “Jacked to the Max”. I'll share the design when it becomes available.

No comments: