Monday, April 4, 2011

In memory of Alyssa

The last treatment was definitely a step in the right direction with regard to how I felt during and following treatment. After discussing what I had been feeling during treatment Sharon helped me to line up some new “hammers” and they definitely helped. These were the pre-meds that I mentioned in my last post. Oh, and since I haven’t mentioned Sharon yet on the blog…. Sharon is one of the oncology nurses at Dr. Richards Monroe office. Sharon, and every oncology nurse I have ever had care for me, are absolute angels as far as I’m concerned.

One more treatment note. My white blood count was surprisingly up into the normal range at 4.8. I’m not quite sure why but I’m not complaining.

I don’t know about you all but I have a laser lock on May 2nd. That’s the date I hope to have my PET/CT scheduled for. 4 weeks and 2 treatments away. Start warming up that machine Nick and Shane!

This past week I read a blog entry that spoke of Alyssa, an energetic and inspirational 25-year old that lost her battle with cancer just a couple of weeks ago. I’d like to honor Alyssa by sharing her favorite quote.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: