Thursday, August 12, 2010

One week until LiveSTRONG event

I had my check-up with Dr. Richards today. With treatment #6 scheduled for next Tuesday the big topic of discussion from my perspective was the neuropathy that is starting to linger in my fingertips. We didn't come to a final decision today but he did say that we'll be needing to either dial back the dosage or choose some different chemo drugs to use.

Gameday decision on Tuesday for that one.

Hey! The Mentschen total team fundraising is now at over $22,400!! With 23 team members that's roughly a nice round average of $1,000 per person. Too cool.

On that note, my personal fundraising has taken a leap up to $4,820. Since I'm knocking on the door of $5,000 for what would be the 3rd year in a row I really want to try and get over that level. I'll probably make up the difference to make sure that I get there but if anyone out there can consider a small donation to help it would be terrific. Click here for the link to my fundraising page.

This weekend has a good weather forecast and I'm looking forward to getting out on my bike for something in the 30-mile range. I'll be meeting with other Mentschen team members at Washington's Crossing. They'll literally "head for the hills" while I'll be staying mostly flat to rolling and for far fewer miles.

No comments: