Monday, April 5, 2010

Milestone

While this week has other events that will wind up to be more significant milestones you know how I like to gauge my fitness level by my cycling exploits so I consider the ride that I did yesterday (by myself) to be a big one.

It's been a while since I've ridden more then 50 miles but with a forecast of good weather my plan for yesterday was to get out early and to shoot for a 60-miler. The last 3rd of the ride got a bit breezy but it was such a nice day that there was no way I wouldn't make it. As you can see below I covered 61.25 miles.


Tommorrow I have a follow-up with Dr. Dhar who is one of my two gastroenterologists. Since my PET/CT isn't until Wednesday we won't have too much to discuss but I needed an Rx renewal for Prevacid and since I couldn't get an appointment for later in the week this will have to do. Yes, the PET/CT is Wednesday. I know that most won't understand but I always look forward to seeing my friends at Princeton Radiology and, therefore, I'm only slightly nervous regarding the scan itself. Betsy, Nick, and Shane have been with me through this entire journey so to me it's very much like going to visit old friends. As I said, I know that sounds weird.

Dr. Richards is on vacation this week but I've been assured that I'll still get the results as soon as they are available. I'll post the results here as soon as I can.

No comments: