Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling great

Hello. I’m sorry that I don’t have an updated fuzz picture to post but since I do have some other info to pass along I’m not going to wait for the picture. I do promise to get a new pic posted as soon as I can.

Bottom line is that I’m feeling great. The 34-mile bike ride two weekends ago sort of kicked things off for me. I squeezed in a quick 24-mile ride last weekend and returned to the gym this past week to try and regain my strength by going to the spin classes that I really do enjoy very much. Since it’s been in the ballpark of 10 months or so since I had been to a spin class it was all kind of weird for me.

And although there’s a healthy crop of fuzz on my head I’m still dealing with unexpected and funny scenarios. On Wednesday morning when I arrived at the gym and the girl at the desk swiped my ID she stopped me from going in so that she could take a real close look at me and my picture as it appeared on her computer screen. She asked, “is this you?”. I assured her that it really was me. She clearly thought that I had simply shaved my moustache and cut my hair VERY short as she made no mention that the coiffure changes may have been involuntary. Guess that means I’m looking healthier and that the fuzz isn’t looking all that bad. LOL!!

My visit to Dr. Richards on Wednesday was uneventful. Since I hadn’t seen him in a few weeks we had a good old time catching up. It actually was nice to see him with things right now in a very positive light. My hemoglobin level is a bit low but improving and the INR test showed that my blood is a bit on the “thick” side. However, we’re going to keep the coumadin dosage unchanged and in two weeks I come off of it completely. I will see him next on October 9th and we’ll schedule the CT scan to be very soon after that. Obviously THAT will be a biggie…

No comments: