Saturday, January 21, 2012

It Still Works!

Hey, hey!! No, I’m not referring to what you’re probably thinking. Let’s keep it clean! On Tuesday I had a regular 6-week visit with Dr. Richards and I always get that “it still works!” feeling of relief when they access my port and I see the blood flow into the catheter. Oh, the small pleasures. LOL. Port insertion/removal were not my favorite procedures so as long as this one keeps on ticking I'm happy.

Dr. Richards wrote me the prescription for my next PET/CT and I have already scheduled it for February 14th. I didn’t specifically choose to have it on Valentine’s Day but that will be our first day back after a family wedding in Florida. I’m really looking forward to have our family together for such a fun occasion, even if it’s only for a weekend.

Cycle for Survival is 2 weeks from today. Donations from family and friends continue to come in and I can’t thank you all enough. I wish the event itself was a little closer to home but Long Island isn’t that far away and the cause is more than worth the effort.

I’ve really been itching to set some more significant goals for 2012 but it’s so hard to plan or commit to anything while thinking that the results of my next scan will have me back in treatment. Right now I’m focused on February 14th and I’m hoping that my chemo vacation gets extended. We’re still also thinking about the Tour de Hot Chocolate and when that might happen. Time will tell. We're now having some complication due to winter precip but hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll be up to the challenge sometime soon.

No comments: