Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Treatment #1 Status

Treatment #1 went very well yesterday. Actually it was so uneventful I don’t have a whole lot to fill you in on. I had doubts when I was told that these chemo drugs would not have me feeling much nausea but I’ve been VERY pleasantly surprised so far to find that as accurate. However, Dr. Richards did say that over the next two days I would start to feel something ranging between joint ache and joint pain. We’ll see what happens.

I made new friends since this treatment was in Dr. Richards Monroe office. All of my treatments and office visits through 2008-2009 had been in Somerset. Monroe is much easier for us to get to from our house so we changed the next treatment appointment so that it too is in Monroe. Tomorrow I’ll be back there for my neulasta injection.

Aside from a nice flush from the taxol I’m feeling pretty good today. With a bit of luck maybe I’ll even get on my bike this weekend.

Oh, and thank you for the donations that have started to come in already for the LiveSTRONG challenge event in August. Just to make it handy click here to access my donation website. Thanks!

No comments: