Saturday, May 30, 2009

Treatment #6 and a birthday

Treatment day +2 and I’m doing pretty well. I’m a bit tingly and tired but that’s about it. As advertised we skipped the epirubicin for this treatment and possibly for treatments #7 and #8 as well. But that decision will be driven by the results of the MUGA scan I’ll be having this Monday morning at 10am.

One small surprise that came in conjunction with omission of the epirubicin is that Dr. Richards felt a neulasta injection wouldn’t be needed with this cycle. I’m going to be sure to stay home this entire next week until my blood counts are checked at my next office visit on Monday, June 8th.

Other then that background I guess the only other bit of news is that yesterday was my 50th birthday. I’m one of those that views age as just a number but there’s definitely something about this one that feels a bit different. Considering the convergence of major life events such as my miracle #2, Sasha’s high school graduation, and then the birthday does justify a bit of pause.

I’ll be posting some b’day pics that I’m sure you’ll all get a kick out of.

No comments: