Thursday, May 14, 2009

BIG day

Tomorrow is a BIG day. I’m trying to not say VERY big (for obvious jinx reasons…) but this particular PET scan has taken it’s time in getting here.

As is the case with chemo it has a cumulative affect. And with that said things have been noticeably different in recent weeks. No, not ugly as the weight loss was for me last year but some of the side affects of this EOX protocol have definitely become a bit more pronounced. The Hand-and-Foot syndrome from Xeloda with it’s constant tingling, and even mild swelling, has been a bit uncomfortable. And this protocol is also taking a lot out of me. I typically pass out on the couch after dinner and/or go to sleep for the night by 9pm.

So, after battling to get the insurance pre-certifications this week I was finally able to call and schedule the PET. When Betsy (yes, I’m on a first name basis with even the staff at Princeton Radiology) asked me when I wanted the PET scheduled I quickly responded with “as soon as possible!”. I was shocked when she offered first thing tomorrow.

So 8:15am it is. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have high hopes. But either way, at least we’ll know where we stand once we have these results.

Thanks for all of the prayers and words of support.

4 comments:

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Prayers and angels coming your way!:-)

Unknown said...

Dan enjoyed lunch with you. We are hoping and praying for good news when you hear the results.

BigJack said...

Biggest possible cyberhug to the strongest person in my life. I hope you get great news. Sounds like you need a break right now anyhow. So, may the dragon be slain.