Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday, April 7th

For those of you that may be wondering how things are going have no fear. Things remain status quo and I’m actually feeling quite well.

The side affects from Oxaliplatin that are related to touching/drinking/breathing cold have been interesting for the first week of each treatment cycle but these are far from anything that is debilitating. And my eating has been affected only slightly so I’ve not lost any weight. My battle is actually with trying to keep from GAINING weight at this point.

I had a check-up with Dr. Richards yesterday and the Neulasta shot I had just over a week ago has done its job. My white blood cell count is at 7.3, well inside the normal range, and my hemoglobin and platelet counts are also normal. Tomorrow is the two week mark for this treatment cycle and the last day I’ll be taking Xeloda. Then a whole week without pills! What a treat.

That’s about it for now. It had been a while since I last posted a blog entry so mostly I wanted to let you know that all is well.

No comments: