Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays

Sorry for waiting until the last second but it wouldn't be right if I let the holiday season slip by without wishing everyone a happy and healthy. I hope that you're all doing well, enjoying the season with family and friends, and looking forward to a terrific 2009. Have no doubt, I am!

All is status quo with me medically. I feel good and look forward to my January 7th office visit with Dr. Richards. My next PET scan will be scheduled at that time and as I've mentioned previously those results will be input to discussions with Dr. Fidanzato.

About the only other notable news is that I actually had to get a haircut this past Sunday. Yep, lots of strange emotions related to that simple task. On one hand it was funny because there is an awful lot of skin still showing through up top and then too, as you'd imagine, it prompted a lot of emotion as well. I'm glad that I went for the haircut by myself as I didn't need to be embarrassed by the few tears that came while I was driving there.

So.... here's a current "fuzz" picture. It's a little longer around the sides then the last picture I shared. I fear that the moustache just isn't going to make a return. Dr. Richards is trying to be supportive but at this point we get some laughs out of it. In the big scheme of things it's not all that important to me.

3 comments:

Linda and Lou said...

Jack -
Great news on your progress! Wow, a whole year has gone by, and what a roller coaster one it has been for you. 2009 can only go up from here.
We wish you continued good news, best of health and maybe a new mustache.
Hope to see you soon!
Love, Linda and Lou

Bailey said...

finally! a new picture =)

sandi said...

Don't know what made me think to check up on your blog today because it's been a while. Emotions caught up with me when I reflected on why I hadn't checked sooner -- because I DIDN'T HAVE TO -- because EVERYTHING IS FINE! It's gonna be a great year!